Dana White: Nate and Nick Diaz are still turning down fights

By Newsroom on March 18, 2017
121516-ufc-nate-diaz-vadapt-767-high-0.vadapt.767.high.0
  • Don’t hold your breath waiting for Nate or Nick Diaz to be booked in a fight any time soon.

    According to UFC president Dana White, he’s offered both Diaz brothers fights in recent months but they have continuously declined to accept any current bout agreements.

    Most recently, Nick Diaz passed on a proposed fight with Robbie Lawler at UFC 209 while his brother Nate seemingly laughed off an offer to face former champion Eddie Alvarez.

    “We keep offering Nate fights and he keeps turning them down. Nick, too,” White told TMZ.com

    While there’s no word on why Nick Diaz doesn’t seem to be interested in taking any fights right now, Nate Diaz may be holding out for a trilogy bout with Conor McGregor.

    Diaz and McGregor fought in a pair of fights last year with both pay-per-views selling at a staggering rate, which obviously benefitted both men involved as well. Given how lucrative a third fight could be, Diaz might just be waiting for McGregor to return to the UFC so they could settle the score once and for all while also making a lot of money.

     

    121516-ufc-nate-diaz-vadapt-767-high-0.vadapt.767.high.0

    Unfortunately, White says there’s no guarantee that Diaz will get that fight with McGregor, especially considering all the options that remain on the table for the Irishman when he finally makes his return to the Octagon.

    “I have no idea. Maybe he is [holding out for Conor McGregor],” White said about Diaz. “Conor has endless possibilities for fights.”

    Right now, McGregor is negotiating for the biggest payday of his career in a proposed boxing match against Floyd Mayweather, which would more than likely put the current UFC lightweight champion out of action for mixed martial arts until 2018.

    As for Nick Diaz, he did mention interest in fights with Georges St-Pierre and middleweight champion Michael Bisping, but those two are now set to square off later this year.

    Judging by White’s comments and the current landscape of the UFC roster, it doesn’t look like the Diaz brothers will be stepping back into the Octagon anytime soon.

    Read entire article